Global Population by Race & The Future of Our World

Anthropology, History, Psychology, Sociology and other related areas.

Re: Global Population by Race & The Future of Our World

Postby TheVat on February 20th, 2015, 10:52 am 

"I'd like to use Mossling & the Global race pie chart as a reference for a book that I am writing. I would like to know Mossling's first name and credentials. Also, how was the data collected. Please let me know if this would be okay. Thanks."

Click on his name, then look under contact...you can pm mossling.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby AndyJacksonian on May 27th, 2017, 10:41 am 

One of the posters here suggested preplacing all ethnicities with race designations.

Replacing ethnicities with race designations, in my opinion, is an absurd notion that give rise to wondering what sort of barely disguised bigotry is the motivation behind it.
For instance, my family roots can be traced back nearly a thousand years. I love the music and all other cultural aspects and history and peoples of my native country. I prefer the company of my own family and peoples to all others. Why in the world would I foolishly toss all that in a blender for the objective of becoming an all un-diverse all-same society. That sounds like an incredibly boring and unattractive goal.

Further, all these blending theories seem an attempt to disguise a blatant current of anti-white bigotry flowing through these topics.
Depending which census figures one relies upon, the “white” race accounts for one-tenth to one-sixth of the world’s population. As small a minority of the world’s population the “white” race is, why are so many anxious to supplant their standing amongst the races, considering their comparative accomplishments?
After all, people of the “white” race have unlocked the secrets of DNA, and relativity, launched satellites, created automation, discovered electricity and nuclear energy, invented automobiles, aircraft, submarines, radio, television, computers, medicine, telephones, light bulbs, photography, and countless other technological miracles. Peoples of the “white” race were the first to circumnavigate the planet by ship, and orbit it by spacecraft, to walk on the moon, probe beyond the solar system, climb the highest peaks, reach both poles, exceed the sound barrier, descend to the oceans depths.
Is there any doubt, any question, and doubt that they are the most industrious and innovative race amongst races in the history of mankind, constantly resetting the thresholds of achievement for the world’s population?
Why then, despite their massive, practically exclusive contributions to the benefit all of mankind, is there this deep seated, thinly disguised hatred of whites in general, permeating the air?
AndyJacksonian
Banned User

Postby zetreque on May 27th, 2017, 3:25 pm 

AndyJacksonian: Apparently you have never read or hear about any Jared Diamond. The famous of which is "Guns, Germs, and Steel." You can find the documentary on youtube. He is one of the people who have brought up the case that it was about location. You know the saying location location location?

As for "white" benefiting all mankind through those achievements, that is 100% debatable, a matter of perspective and lacking in any substance to a definition which will cause problems with people responding if it's not corrected. You are going to have a hard time here.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)
Forest_Dump liked this post

Postby Forest_Dump on May 27th, 2017, 11:10 pm 

I read that one earlier today but was out and ended up thinking about it. For starters, I was certainly wondering what was meant by the "white" race because that alone is quite a mess. 70 years ago some odd nuts referred to it as Aryans but the center of the Aryan ethnic group is in Iran which, historically, makes some sense since a few thousand years ago the Indo-European language stock appears to have migrated from about there into Europe along with their domesticated plants and animals. Of course, there were "whiter" people already in Europe, seemingly the ones with the blonder hair and bluer eyes, further to the north, who became the more Germanic types, including the Vikings (one of whom, the Rus, much later gave Russia its name) and these appear to have been the people who had inherited the most Neanderthal genes. Of course these were the wild savages that the Romans had so much trouble with that they built Hadrian's wall to keep them out. After that time, there was a lot of genetic mixture from other invading forces from further east such as the Mongols but in the backwaters of more northern and northwestern Europe these more Neanderthal-infused blonds and redheads hung on.

My own known ancestry only goes back a bit more than 400 years but interestingly (at least to me) my parents family names harkens back to events of more than 1000 years ago. My fathers surname (the one I inherited) is an anglicized version of a Norman name (orignally de ---) while my mother's maiden name was a classic and still common Saxon name of the form ---son deriving from the old "son of ---" (but not gone through the further changes due to historical illiteracy as seen in, for example, Nixon or Dixon which were originally Nickson and Dickson respectively). While the Normans and Saxons are well blended and get along now, try reading the original Ivanhoe novel for a fell about how they felt about each other back then - those guys would never have been happy about being referred to collectively as the same race. And truth be told, given how much Neanderthal appears to have been infused into the "whiter" (i.e., the blond hair blue eyes known to have been present in the Neanderthals) race, there might well have been more of a real racial distinction than with the more southern Europeans with their brown or black hair and more Mediterranean ancestry. But then. as I mentioned, the more Med types appear to have been spreading into northern and northwestern Europe for thousands of years with only the first well documented example being the Romans. Do they count as "white"? (Not everyone would agree, either way, of course.) But then I have to admit that my family tree doesn't have much Irish (well some "black" Irish) or Scottish ancestry (the original heathens or people of the heath) so I don't know if I am that "white".

Of course some of the things attributed to the "white" race are pretty debateable. Setting off nuclear bombs might be attributeable to "white" but "discovering" nuclear energy was something more attributeable to Jewish scientists like Oppenhiemer (sic?) and Einstein. Bohr too I think. Do Arabic/semetic peoples count as "white"? I suppose although we would have to underplay the many population pulses out of Africa over thousands (okay hundreds of thousands) of years.

I admit I always have to chuckle over the pride some people take in historic accounts of explorers. Whether it was circumnavigating the globe, going ot the arctic or climbing Mount Everest, so little attention is paid to the people already there who acted as guides showing the great explorers the way, feeding them, doing the heavy lifting, etc., just so this lost helpless "white" guy can plant a flag and take the credit for discovering some place populated by masses of people.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

TheVat liked this post

Postby zetreque on May 28th, 2017, 12:30 am 

From the historic American perspective, the definition of white has changed over time to include more and more immigrants. It changed because it was in the interest of the American Government.

A couple examples I can quickly remember:

What appears to have changed is the definition of white over time but what hasn't changed is the idea that the USA belongs to "whites" (Ideas for Action - Kaufman, Cynthia. 2003)

Minorities were accepted into the definition of "white" when African Americans were targeted for slavery.

I'm not going to word this very well at the moment but it has to do with the US system of power. The term "white" was created almost like a marketing ploy to maintain power. When it is in the interest of the country to include more people into the definition to maintain it's power structure (military, economy/unions, wealth) then it does so. Some of the references to back this up can be found in the bibliography of the above mentioned book (Which btw wasn't one of my favorite books but still had a couple interest things in it).

A personal observation I might add is people no matter what race ethnicity or background will unite when they have a common goal or enemy. It is my hope that the human race will eventually be forced to unite against climate change and hopefully not too late.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Forest_Dump on May 28th, 2017, 9:42 am 

Of course, when you get down to it, there are two bottom line points to me. What should be most obvious, IMHO, is that races don't really exist in any meaningful way.

But the idea of this kind of pride in a group is also odd to me. While there might be something positive in the idea of some kind of group pride, including something like pride in your heritage, however defined, or ancestral group (e.g. pride in the accomplishments of your parents, grandparents, etc. such as serving during world wars, etc.), I think it is also important to balance that against mistakes, etc., that can be learned from. But more to the point, I think it best to take pride in your own accomplishments and learn from you own mistakes as well as try to improve your own weaknesses. I honestly don't see the point of taking pride in the accomplishments of people I have never met and who have no connection to me. I might read or hear about them, feel happy for them and learn from them, etc. but see no reason why I should feel any pride in what they have done. Of course, on the same line, I see no reason why I would feel shame in what these people might have done that I had no part in. Just because I have a less than average amount of skin melonin and an anglicized last name, I don't see why I should take pride in what Shakespeare or Einstein did or shame in what Custer or Stalin did.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

zetreque liked this post

Postby TheVat on May 28th, 2017, 11:41 am 

Probably a clue, when a poster adopts the name of President Andrew Jackson, that they are not dedicated to rigorous scientific scrutiny of all claims about race. :-)
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby Mossling on June 3rd, 2017, 3:54 am 

And what about all the albinos from Africa to India, China to the Pacific Islands, and so on, most often not being allowed to immigrate into White Nationalist countries (visions thereof)? ;P

Is it all really about skin colour or not?!

To me such thinking seems as ridiculous as dividing up the world into thin, fat, and muscly people - it's just that such traits did not apparently allow for significantly beneficial local adaptations to geography during a certain period as much as skin colour, hair, nose, and eye shape (among other traits) did.

There are plenty of variations between members of all populations - even a considerably mixed 'average' global population. Wouldn't you like to see more black people with green or blue eyes, or with blonde hair, even?

Things can and do change, and that is what is ever-fresh and novel about this incredible universe that we live in - 'variety is the spice of life'.
Mossling

Postby zetreque on June 3rd, 2017, 4:01 am 

I have been going through a lot of death stuff of a close relative recently with a memorial tomorrow and going through old photographs lately. I spent all day today going through photos, many of which I had never even seen of my grand parents. I can see why causations can get carried away with pride. I have some of the most attractive ancestors I have ever seen. But I think the same can be for any color or population. And completely different "races" can be equally attractive. There is just something weird to me about people going overboard with this pride in race thing. I'd rather see people be proud of not just the human species but all the life we evolved from. Take pride in all life that has brought us to evolve into what we are today and what allows us to live today. It's one of the most incredible family stories imaginable.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Mossling on June 3rd, 2017, 5:39 am 

Indeed - it's called a gene pool for a reason; it's not a gene cluster. And the outcome of choosing mates that are too 'local' is very well known in all cultures all over the world. The physical advantages that are enjoyed by mixed-race individuals are also quite well-known.
Mossling

Previous

Return to Social Sciences