engineering science persuasive research paper

Discussions related to engineering and its applications. From civil and mechanical to aeronautic and robotics, etc.

engineering science persuasive research paper

Postby wilson__law on October 8th, 2007, 5:15 am 

the requirements are :
-Research a contemporary issue related to science, technology, or engineering (an e-mail will be sent outling some possible topics).
-Write a persuasive paper dealing with its ethical, social, or political dimensions
-Write a paper of about 3000 words

I read an article and thought of a topic about persuading people that turbocharger is better than supercharger. However, I have no clue if I can write this into a 3000 words paper. What do you think? Can you think of any other interesting topics that meet the requirements?
other topic i can think of is about genetic food... are they good topics? or do you have suggestions? thanks
wilson__law

Postby Sparky on October 11th, 2007, 9:09 pm 

The choice would be easy for me: nuclear power. While it's not exactly a cutting edge topic, it's still very relevant and obviously involves science, technology, social and political issues.
Sparky

Nanotechnology

Postby PeSla on October 11th, 2007, 9:24 pm 

I think the current popularity of research, the achievements and prospects of nanotechnology would do for a topic in that word range- Why is this worth the investment of time, money, and careers even if some of the more fantastic speculations have not fulfilled its promise.
PeSla

Return to Engineering & Electronics