The Temple of Earth in Rennes les Bains

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

The Temple of Earth in Rennes les Bains

Postby Sunne on April 24th, 2011, 2:14 pm 

Andrzej Struski and Magdalena Struska from Poland discovered the Temple of Earth in Rennes les Bains. The articles translated from Polish can be read here:

http://www.andrzejstruski.com/articles_ ... ation.html

http://www.andrzejstruski.com/articles_ ... EARTH.html
Sunne

Re: The Temple of Earth in Rennes les Bains

Postby Forest_Dump on April 24th, 2011, 3:19 pm 

I honestly don't know how and why these things happen but this is yet another case of someone who is obviously not an archaeologist describing something that exhibits no clear evidence of being anything modified by humans. All I saw was completely naturally shaped and positioned rocks. Poland has an interesting archaeological record. So far, however, none of that is to be seen here. This is just a bunch of rocks. Why would anyone even suspect that any of this is celtic or even archaeological?
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on April 24th, 2011, 4:14 pm 

Let me be a bit more clear. Poland would have an archaeological record going back to the terminal Pleistocene. There should be evidence of individuals or small groups of early hunter-gatherers using the area, perhaps on hunting forays or even small camps. Is there any evidence of this?

More specifically, "celtic" could be applied to anything from the copper age to the iron age and we would expect people to be around there even if you don't like "celtic" (not many would call anything east of the Rhine celtic). Any evidence at all that there were Copper, Bronze or Iron age uses of the area? The towns that would be needed to undertake the construction or even use of this area?
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby CanadysPeak on April 24th, 2011, 7:29 pm 

Forest,

Can you say Piltdown Man?
CanadysPeak

Postby Forest_Dump on April 24th, 2011, 8:31 pm 

At this point, this "archaeological site" doesn't look quite as promising as the so-called mother of all pyramids in Croatia. If there is nothing forthcoming that is unambiguously man-made, then this will get relocated but for now I will just give a bit more time to post something that looks non-natural. Even a recent fire pit left by picnickers would be a start.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby rickymouse on April 24th, 2011, 8:58 pm 

It's hard taking pictures of rock artifacts. I took pictures of ones I have and the pictures look good to me because I have held and studied them. Others can't see from the picture but once they examine the artifact then they can easily see the artifact in the picture. Being you know what it looks like in person allows you to see it in the picture. I don't have a clue why that is. My hammer/club is much easier to identify with the handle in it. Rockhounds only see the composition of the rock. educated people only see it is a hammer head of some sort, and those that are young or regular people see it is carved or ground into a shape. Everyone who sees the carving interprets the carving differently. Some see an Indian head, some see a skull. Some see a salamander or an eagle head and kids mostly see a bunny. Everybody sees something they know. It's probably something that's extinct now, something we killed off in the last four hundred years or so. I can see what everyone sees and cannot dispute any of their guesses except the skull. My interest lies in peoples perception of the club/hammer head and not the club/hammer itself. I have showed it to at least 100 people and 98 agree it's something. At the AAPS society, all agreed it was something and probably a club/hammer head. I brought nothing in that they could date, it doesn't help me find the creators of these stones. This difference in perception of people has got me hooked and interests me more than any study I have undertaken.
rickymouse

Return to Personal Theories