Four Dimensional Travel

This is not an everything goes forum, but rather a place to ask questions and request help for developing your ideas.

Moderators: BioWizard, Marshall

Four Dimensional Travel

Postby madhatter on November 18th, 2009, 4:52 pm 

I've been thinking about 4D Space travel and how it would look like. I was trying to visualize the
directions of Ana and Kata but, of course, it just doesn't work. So, I came to the conclusion that 4D movement to TriLanders would simultaneously be Three Dimensional and Two Dimensional. You would retain the three dimensional properties, but, you would be unable to move in three dimensions but two.
In an unrelated note, I think water would look like gel in 4D space. By the way, this is my first post, so tell me how you think I did.
madhatter
Forum Neophyte

Re: Four Dimensional Travel

Postby linford86 on November 19th, 2009, 5:51 pm 

Welcome to the forums, madhatter!

Those are some interesting questions! Do you mean for these to be questions about physics or about mathematics? Why do you think water would look like gel in 4d? Do you think 4 dimensional water would have different properties from 3 dimensional water? Why?

I would like to help further, but I am uncertain as to what you meant here:

madhatter wrote:So, I came to the conclusion that 4D movement to TriLanders would simultaneously be Three Dimensional and Two Dimensional. You would retain the three dimensional properties, but, you would be unable to move in three dimensions but two.
linford86

Postby madhatter on November 20th, 2009, 12:41 am 

I think water would look like gel because it would viewed simultaneously on all points. And the thing about 3d/2d is hard to explain. I was half-high on caffeine that day. Oh, and thanks for the welcome.
madhatter
Forum Neophyte

Postby linford86 on November 20th, 2009, 1:37 pm 

madhatter wrote:I think water would look like gel because it would viewed simultaneously on all points.

Can you view gel from all vantage points simultaneously any easier than you can view water from all points?
linford86

Return to Personal Theories