Internet glitch!

Discussions on everything related to the software, electronic, and mechanical components of information systems and instruments.

Internet glitch!

Postby Percarus on October 11th, 2012, 6:50 am 

Ok, I am extremelly frustrated... For the last hour every single website, webpage, weblink, or web address I try does not work. The only thing that loads up is this philosophy/science forum. Everything else became blocked? What can I do? I can't check emails or do anything except divulge my words here, watch TV, or hang with friends?
Percarus

Re: Internet glitch!

Postby Gregorygregg1 on October 11th, 2012, 11:13 am 

Percarus wrote:Ok, I am extremelly frustrated... For the last hour every single website, webpage, weblink, or web address I try does not work. The only thing that loads up is this philosophy/science forum. Everything else became blocked? What can I do? I can't check emails or do anything except divulge my words here, watch TV, or hang with friends?

OMG! Trapped in the Philosophy Forum! It's a plot for a new horror movie.
Gregorygregg1

Postby Eighty on October 11th, 2012, 11:56 am 

Percarus wrote:Ok, I am extremelly frustrated... For the last hour every single website, webpage, weblink, or web address I try does not work. The only thing that loads up is this philosophy/science forum. Everything else became blocked? What can I do? I can't check emails or do anything except divulge my words here, watch TV, or hang with friends?

Did you download anything new?

1) Check firewall settings. Sometimes a new update can change a setting. Or two or more firewalls operating at the same time can cause issues when you connect to a site.

2) Reset your router.

3) What browser are you using? You might have changed a setting. If so, try another browser and/or revert back to your default settings in the browser you're currently using.

Maybe it's a DNS error?

Weird.
Eighty

Postby Gregorygregg1 on October 11th, 2012, 12:13 pm 

Beneath a comlex maze of wires and tubes, a small hunched figure appears to be working with a strange contraption. He hums quietly to himself. The tune is the right hand portion of The Well Tempered Clavier" by J. S. Bach. Suddenly there is a flickering of arching electricity accompanied by subdued snickering. The high pitched voice of the gnomish figure intones the ominous words "Hu, Hu, Hu..I have you now Percarus. This will teach you to argue with the Biowizard!" Suddenly Percarus finds himself trapped in the philosophy forum. The next words that appear on his screen are..."Next time it will be Alternative Theories and Mythbusters." Followed by a page and a half of maniacal laughter.
Gregorygregg1

Postby Percarus on October 12th, 2012, 6:03 am 

My internet fixed itself at about 3am in the morning... dh dh dh... 'X-files'...
Percarus

Return to Computers