Time travel??

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Time travel??

Postby Questionguy on January 13th, 2018, 9:33 am 

A question - if the speed of light is needed to time travel and neutrinos have the ability to do so and can be made
through various ways. Has it been tested to see if it's possible to be used?

And (from my understanding from what i have read) that neutrinos consist of anti-neutrinos, so for this purpose would it be possible to have an object (space ship) in space with ability to cast out a neutrino shield around the object to displace time and space and use anti-neutrinos to counteract or stop the reaction/ time travel?
Questionguy
Forum Neophyte

Re: Time travel??

Postby JMP1958 on January 13th, 2018, 1:12 pm 

I'm not sure what you mean by the speed of light being needed to time travel. If you could travel at speeds approaching the speed of light, you could, in effect travel to the future, in that you would age very little compared to everyone that stayed home. This requires that you accelerate up to this speed.

Neutrinos don't travel at light speed, just very close to it. (it was once thought that neutrinos were massless and thus traveled at c, but it has since been discovered that they do have mass and thus are limited to below c speeds)

But, as stated above, producing particles that travel at or near c does nothing for whatever produces the particles. A 'Neutrino shield' would have no effect on the ship.
JMP1958

Return to Lounge Area