1811 A Comet and A Quake

Anyone can post and discuss science news articles. Please be sure to adhere to posting guidelines.

Moderator: Sisyphus

1811 A Comet and A Quake

Postby Kalopin on November 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm 

Decembe 16, 2011 marks the two hundredth anniversary of when a piece of Comet C/1811 F1 impacted our planet and caused "The New Madrid Earthquake", also known as "The Great Earthquake of 1811-1812" catastrophe. This has been a little known, lost piece of history for nearly two centuries. There have been very few to truly investigate the occurrances of these events, and many who have misinterpreted and misunderstood the evidence. An impact crater has been discovered, at the top, in the middle of Northern Mississippi, stretching partly into Tennessee. The immediate crater is somewhere between ten to fifteen miles in diameter, but if you pan out from this point, you will be able to see the stratus lines from a shockwave that had occurred immediately after impact. It appears as a huge thubprint covering more than four states. At the center of this, mostly on the northwest face of the crater are several deep canyons and creeks, where hundreds of meteorites, petrified wood, many rocks that were obviously molten, and even incased body parts, from the natives and the animals in the area, were found.I understand how incredible this may seem, but once this has been fully investigated, it will be found to be the truth. So, if this may interest you, then I invite you to google "Kalopins Legacy", just go to www.wix.com/koolkreations/kalopins-legacy ,[documents and links],"a few comments on 1811", and read this article. Study the photos, the satellite view, the original accounts, and all the evidence you may find on the events of 1811-1812. See how much more fascinatting a story this becomes!
Kalopin
Forum Neophyte

Re: 1811 A Comet and A Quake

Postby wolfhnd on November 25th, 2011, 12:01 am 

I see you have also posted this story here http://www.thescienceforum.com/pseudosc ... quake.html

If you want to discuss this in more detail I suggest you start a thread in anything science.

Here is a reference to the comet in question

http://cometography.com/lcomets/1811f1.html
wolfhnd
News Team

Likes received:6
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: 1811 A Comet and A Quake

Postby Kalopin on November 25th, 2011, 1:07 am 

Thanks Wolfhnd. I have been trying for some time to find someone to really investigate my findings. It seems as though the meteorites and body parts incased in iron would be enough, on top of the fact that they were found at the center of all the stratus lines so clearly visible, at least to me. I have had a couple of long conversations with Mr. Gary Kronk, and appreciate the link but already have it in my favorites. I hope you will take some time and read my article [a few comments on 1811] at my site, as I have stated, that most of the measurements were when the comet was on its way in. After going around the sun, it slingshots, breaking apart, and that's when the astronomers said it appeared one and a half times the size of the sun. It surely was not that big, so it had to have been very close, and as it passed there were several meteor showers at the very time of the quake, as a large piece was pulled in from Earth's gravity from the coma, which was said to appear more than a million miles in length.
Kalopin
Forum Neophyte

Return to Science News